The Victorian Government offers concessions to make essential services more affordable for low-income households and to help out with bills in times of hardship.
The concessions and benefits information provided here has:
- A list of the essential services which offer concessions
- An explanation of each concession available
- A tool which can calculate whether or not you are eligible for one of these concessions.
Or you can contact the Victorian Concessions Information Line:
- Phone 1800 658 521 (free call)
Who is eligible for a concession?
Any person who holds an eligible concession card.
For most concessions, you will need to have one of the following cards:
- Centrelink Health Care Card (cards issued in the name of a child are not eligible)
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
- Veterans' Affairs Gold Card for all conditions.
Check the details for each concession to see if your card allows you to get a concession.
Note: Usually, you must be the account holder to claim a concession.
How do I get a concession card?
Concession cards are issued by the Commonwealth Government. To apply for a concession card, see
- Concession and health care cards on the Services Australia website.
- Eligibility for benefits and payments on the Department of Veterans' Affairs website.