About concessions

The Victorian Government offers concessions to make essential services more affordable for low-income households and to help out with bills in times of hardship.

The concessions and benefits information provided here has:

  • A list of the essential services which offer concessions
  • An explanation of each concession available
  • A tool which can calculate whether or not you are eligible for one of these concessions.

Or you can contact the Victorian Concessions Information Line:

  • Phone 1800 658 521 (free call)

Who is eligible for a concession?

Any person who holds an eligible concession card.

For most concessions, you will need to have one of the following cards:

  • Centrelink Health Care Card (cards issued in the name of a child are not eligible)
  • Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
  • Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
  • Veterans' Affairs Gold Card for all conditions.

Check the details for each concession to see if your card allows you to get a concession.

Note: Usually, you must be the account holder to claim a concession.

How do I get a concession card?

Concession cards are issued by the Commonwealth Government. To apply for a concession card, see

Other questions and answers