You should check the details of your concession card to find out if you are eligible for any transport-related concessions.
Other agencies offer a variety of concessions and benefits to eligible cardholders to assist low-income Victorians with transport-related bills. If you have a relevant concession card, you may be eligible for one of these concessions:
- Motor vehicle registration fee -eligible concession cardholders can reduce their car registration fee by half
- Public transport concessions - you must have your own concession card to be able to purchase concession fares on Victorian public transport services
- Transport Accident Commission (TAC) insurance charge concession - certain concession card holders can have their TAC insurance charge reduced by half
- Victorian pensioner free travel voucher - pensioners are given a free travel voucher that can be exchanged for train tickets on metropolitan or V/Line services
- Victorian Seniors Card travel savings - a Victorian seniors card gives you discounts on metropolitan transport and other travel services.
- Multi-purpose taxi program - Victorians with permanent or severe disabilities can receive discounted taxi fares.