Disability supports and services contacts

Information on who to contact if you want to access disability supports and services.

National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

In Victoria, disability supports and services are now provided through the NDIS. If you would like to access disability supports and services, please contact the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) via: 

A Local Area Coordination (LAC) partner is also available to help you understand and access the NDIS. They can also assist you with creating and reviewing a NDIS support plan.

If you are seeking disability supports and services for a child aged 0 to six years, you can contact an Early Childhood, Early Intervention (ECEI) partner.

LAC and ECEI partners can also link you to community supports and services in your area, even if you are not eligible for the NDIS.

To find your closest LAC or ECEI partner, use the search tool on the NDIS contact website.

Over 65 years

If you are over 65 years and have not previously received any disability supports or services, please contact My Aged Care via their website or 1800 200 422.

If you are over 65 years and were receiving specialist disability services before, you will continue to get the same services through the Commonwealth Continuity of Support (CoS) Programme. Please contact your service provider directly, if your needs have changed.

Currently receiving state-funded disability services?

If you are currently receiving state-funded disability services you will need to move to the NDIS to continue accessing these services. Disability and other services and supports previously provided by the Victorian Government have moved to the NDIS.

You can do this by contacting the NDIS directly on 1800 800 110 or going to the NDIS website.

If you are unsure if you need to move to the NDIS or you require support to do this you can also ring the department’s Disability Information Line between 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) on:

•    Phone:1800 783 783 
•    TTY: 1800 008 149 

If you need an interpreter

You can contact Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50.

If you are deaf, have a hearing impairment or complex communication needs

You can contact:

  • The National Relay Service on 13 36 77
  • Speech-to-speech relay service on 1300 555 727

Ask to be connected to 1800 783 783.


If you would like to make a complaint about the NDIS you can either:

If you would like to make a complaint about a NDIS provider and the quality of services or supports, you can contact the NDIS Commission via:

  • Phone on 1800 035 544 (free call from landlines) or TTY 133 677
  • National Relay Service and ask for 1800 035 544
  • Online complaint form on the NDIS Commission website

If you would like to make a complaint about the Disability Information Line, please go to our Making a complaint page.

National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
1800 800 110
Disability Information Line
1800 783 783 or TTY 1800 008 149
9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday