Victorians suffering financial hardship may be eligible for a no interest loan for the purchase of essential good and services.
Good Shepherd Microfinance offers affordable financial programs for people on low incomes, in partnership with local community organisations.
The No-Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) provides access to fair and safe credit (up to $1,500) for the purchase of essential goods and services.
To be eligible for a loan, you must:
- have a Heath Care Card/ Pensioner Concession Card or are on a low income (take home income of $45,000 per year for individuals and $60,000 per year for joint applicants)
- have lived at your current premises for more than three months and
- show a willingness and capacity to repay
Note that the loans are not for cash. If your loan application is successful, Good Shepherd Microfinance would make a payment for the items (or services) for you.
For more information and to apply
- NILS: phone 13 NILS (13 64 57) or visit the NILS website.
- NILS is delivered through community organisations in 628 locations across Australia. Find your local provider on the Good Shepherd website.
NILS is supported by the Australian and Victorian Governments and NAB.