The Orange Door has replaced Child FIRST in providing children, young people and families easier access to the services they need.
The Orange Door is now the access point to services for:
- women, children and young people experiencing family violence
- families who need assistance with the care and wellbeing of children.
Factors that may affect a child's safety, stability or development are:
- significant parenting problems
- serious family conflict including family breakdown
- a family member's physical or mental illness, substance abuse, disability or bereavement
- families that are isolated, unsupported or young
- significant social or economic disadvantage.
Referrals to The Orange Door
Anyone with a concern for a child or family wellbeing can make a referral to The Orange Door. You can refer vulnerable children, young people (0 to 17 years) and their families, including families with an unborn child.
Support programs include:
- Family Services
- Early Parenting Centre Services.
Find an Orange Door
For a list of The Orange Door services and their phone numbers, visit their Find a service page.
Visit The Orange Door website.
Contact Child Protection if you have reasonable grounds for believing a child has suffered or is suffering significant harm.