Ambulance transport

Emergency ambulance transport is free-of-charge for some concession cardholders.

The following people are eligible for free clinically necessary ambulance transport:

  • Pensioner Concession Card holders (including dependent children listed on the card but excluding spouses)
  • Health Care Card holders (excluding holders of a Health Care Card for Carer allowance or Foster Care issued in the name of the child) and their dependents, including spouses listed on the card (in circumstances where the dependent is the patient)
  • A child holding a current Child Disability Health Care Card (payment type CD) or Foster Care Health Care Card (payment type FO) but not their guardians/families as listed on the card
  • A child under a Custody to Secretary Order including children on interim accommodation orders
  • A child under a Guardianship to Secretary Order including children on interim accommodation orders.

Holders of Veterans Affairs' Gold or White Cards should check with Veterans' Affairs about their entitlements.

Please note that concession benefits only apply to clinically necessary transports.

For more information

Visit the Ambulance Victoria website or phone Ambulance Victoria on 03 9840 3500.

Where possible, please advise the ambulance paramedic of your concession card number. Your concession card must be valid on the date of travel.