You can apply for an Essential medical equipment payment even if you receive a similar benefit from the Victorian government.
The Essential Medical Equipment Payment is an annual payment for Australians with higher than average energy costs because they rely on essential medical equipment in their home.
This additional support is available to people (and their carers) who use essential medical equipment or who medically require heating/cooling at home to manage a disability or medical condition.
You can get this payment if you or the person you care for:
- need heating, cooling or certain equipment for your medical needs
- have a Commonwealth Concession Card
- pay for the energy running costs.
For more information and to apply
- Visit the Essential Medical Equipment website.
- Members of the defence or veterans community should phone the Department of Veterans’ Affairs on 13 32 54 or 1800 555 254 (country callers) or visit Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
- See also the Life Support Concession and the Medical Cooling Concession referred to in the documents below.