Low-income Victorians not connected to mains water supply are eligible for a rebate on their purchase of water for domestic use.
What does this concession apply to?
Non-mains water purchased for domestic use, for example:
- carted water for rainwater tanks
- water bought via a billing agent or water cooperative
- water bought via an embedded network.
Who can apply for the concession?
An account holder who holds one of the following eligible concession cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Health Care Card
- Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card.
How much is the concession?
Rebate amounts for 2022-23 are:
- $132 for spending from $185 to $530.99
- $264 for spending from $531 to $1062.99
- $396 for spending $1063 and above
How do I apply for the concession?
Application forms are available from water carters or by phoning the Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521 (toll free).
Applications for each year will close on 30 June of the following year.
Applications must include copies of paid invoices or receipts.
The department will check your concession card details with Centrelink and provide the concession as a rebate.