As a parent, you have the biggest influence on your child's wellbeing and development from the time they are born.
We know that children thrive when families have access to the support they need.
What parents do every day has the biggest impact on their children’s development and wellbeing, and it is important that they are supported in this role.
Healthy child development starts early and babies’ brains are being built from their first days. The interactions you have with your child and the relationship that you develop - even in the first few weeks - will help them grow and thrive.
We provide quality programs that give parents the right support to build their skills and confidence and have been proven to make a difference for children and families. This includes:
- Regional Parenting Services – for parents with children from birth to 18 years
- Strengthening Parent Support Program – for parents with children from birth to 18 years with a disability or developmental delay
- Parentline - for parents with children from birth to 18 years
- Positive Parenting Telephone Service – for fathers, grandparents caring for grandchildren and parents living in regional Victoria with children from 2 to 10 years. Delivered by Gateway Health with funding from us.
- Supported Playgroups – for parents with children from birth until school age
- Family support – for families experiencing difficulties that impact on your parenting and family life or if you need additional support.
For information about additional parenting services currently available in the Latrobe Valley (local government areas of Baw Baw, Wellington and Latrobe), see Supporting families in the Latrobe Valley