Save money on your energy use with the only independent energy price comparison tool on the market.
Victorian Energy Compare is the Victorian Government's free, independent energy price comparison tool. It uses information you provide about your household and from your electricity or gas bills to help find the best energy offers for you.
Almost everyone who uses Victorian Energy Compare finds they can save money by switching plans.
It only takes a few minutes to use and all you need is a recent bill.
Victorian Energy Compare is the only independent comparison tool in the market that has every generally available electricity, gas and solar tariff and lets Victorians use their own energy usage to find the deal that can save them the most on their bill.
Visit the Victorian Energy Compare website to compare, switch and save.
$250 Power Saving Bonus
Victorians from low-income households can now access a one-off $250 payment to help with their energy bills, thanks to the Victorian Government’s new Power Saving Bonus.
To be eligible to claim the Power Saving Bonus, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a Victorian residential energy consumer (that is, have a residential electricity account)
- You must receive one of the following concession benefits:
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- JobSeeker, Youth Allowance, Austudy or Abstudy
- Department of Veterans Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
- Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card.
Please note: Holders of Health Care Cards who are not recipients of Youth allowance, JobSeeker, Austudy or Abstudy are not eligible.
To submit a Power Saving Bonus application, visit the Victorian energy compare website.
For more information about the Power Saving Bonus:
- Visit the Victorian Energy Compare website
- Contact Victorian Energy Compare on 1800 000 VEC (832).